5 Ways to prevent a termite infestation
March is the peak of termite swarming season.
They may not be fun to think about, but termites can seriously damage your home’s integrity. Here are some pro-sourced tips to prevent an infestation:
- Don’t let wood touch the soil. Keep wooden siding and door frames above the ground.
- Keep your foundation dry. Check for leaks, and make sure your downspouts are directed away from the foundation.
- Avoid feeding the termites. Don’t stack firewood against your house; clear vines, stumps, and roots away from your foundation.
- Garden strategically. Keep a safe distance between shrubs and walls, keep grass cut short, and replace mulch near your home with stone or gravel.
- Seal cracks and crevices. Close off any exterior entry points with caulk or foam sealant.
If you’re preparing to sell or purchase a home, we can advise you on whether or not a termite inspection is required or warranted. Contact us today!
SEARCH 1000s OF HOMES FOR SALE IN SAN DIEGO BY CLICKING HERE
What\'s My Home Worth?
Fill out these basics about your home and I\'ll get back with you!