5 Ways to prevent a termite infestation
March is the peak of termite swarming season.
They may not be fun to think about, but termites can seriously damage your home’s integrity. Here are some pro-sourced tips to prevent an infestation:
- Don’t let wood touch the soil. Keep wooden siding and door frames above the ground.
- Keep your foundation dry. Check for leaks, and make sure your downspouts are directed away from the foundation.
- Avoid feeding the termites. Don’t stack firewood against your house; clear vines, stumps, and roots away from your foundation.
- Garden strategically. Keep a safe distance between shrubs and walls, keep grass cut short, and replace mulch near your home with stone or gravel.
- Seal cracks and crevices. Close off any exterior entry points with caulk or foam sealant.
If you’re preparing to sell or purchase a home, we can advise you on whether or not a termite inspection is required or warranted. Contact us today!
What\'s My Home Worth?
Fill out these basics about your home and I\'ll get back with you!