The County of San Diego Planning & Development Services Department would like to invite you to provide comments related to proposed changes to Chapter 2 of the Regulatory Ordinance, the Light Pollution chapter. The proposed changes include new lighting standards in the Community Planning Areas of Borrego Springs and Julian to decrease light pollution by regulating light shielding, light levels, light color, and sign illumination. The proposed changes include a 10-year “grace period”, during which residents and businesses will be allowed to bring applicable lighting into conformance with the proposed standards. County-owned lighting will be retrofitted to comply with the updated lighting requirements within 5 years of the update.
This email includes information about two upcoming opportunities for public input on the proposed Light Pollution Chapter amendment. These opportunities include:
- Public review of the proposed Light Pollution chapter amendment
- Live webinar with a presentation on the proposed changes and a question-and-answer period
Public Review of the Proposed Light Pollution Chapter Amendment
The proposed Light Pollution Chapter amendment is available for review and comment on the County’s website:
Comments from the public are requested by Sunday, October 4, 2020.
Please send comments directly to Rouya Rasoulzadeh, project manager, at: Rouya.Rasoulzadeh@sdcounty.ca.gov
Or mail to:
County of San Diego
Planning & Development Services Department
Attn: Rouya Rasoulzadeh
5510 Overland Avenue, Suite 310
San Diego, CA 92123
In addition to the public review period, the County is offering a live-hosted webinar on the amendment and recommendations related to the Light Pollution Chapter. This webinar is scheduled for Tuesday, September 29, 2020 from 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. and will include a presentation and interactive question-and-answer period with County staff and their consultant team.
How to Join the Webinar:
- Online: To join the webinar on September 29th, Click this link
- By Telephone:
Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 669 900 9128 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 646 558 8656
Webinar ID: 932 9027 9652
Participant ID: 193533
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/achSfVc1Np
How to Ask Questions Before/During/After the Webinar:
Staff will address as many questions and comments as possible during the webinar depending upon the number submitted. Options to give comments include:
- BEFORE the webinar: e-mail your comment or question to Rasoulzadeh@sdcounty.ca.gov by 5:00 p.m., on Monday, September 28, 2020. Include your name and phone number. Your question will be read by staff for discussion during the question-and-answer period.
- DURING the webinar: If participating online, use the “Q & A” feature to type in your comments or questions. If joining by phone, to indicate you would like to speak you may dial *9 on your phone’s dial pad to raise your hand.
- AFTER the Webinar: e-mail your comments or questions to Rasoulzadeh@sdcounty.ca.gov.
The presentation will be recorded and will be made available on the project website after the webinar.
Here are the latest homes for sale in Julian and Borrego Springs, California